Instruction: One-On-One Online PLUS A Course –
Have a specific question?
Looking for an extra layer of accountability or support?
One-on-ones are great, if:
- You are stuck in a specific area, or feeling unmotivated or unsure about your next steps.
- You don’t really know how to practice or are looking how to make your practice sessions more effective, fun and relevant.
- You have some technique habits that are not serving you well or would like to play faster or learn a new technique.
- You want someone to show you how to practice in a systematic way.
- You are are looking for motivation and accountability.
- You would like to study the bass via an organized step-by-step program.
- You are looking for personal support.
- You have very specific questions (tapping, chords, solo bass, looping).
- You need some help switching from four string to five or six string.
- You just need some pointers or are looking for feedback.
- You are learning a new style. (I teach most styles).
- You get nervous playing in front of people.
As for Skill Levels, maybe you are:
- A seasoned player and you have a few holes in your technique, theory or fretboard knowledge
- A complete beginner
- Anywhere in between
Depending on your goals we may:
- Do just a few sessions
- Commit long term
- Meet every week, every other week, or once a month
What you get:
Each lesson is 50 minutes long. I will specifically help you with integration of the course materials, feedback, specific requests and accountability
One thing you need to know about me:
I love teaching. It is a total passion of mine. I study practice habits and am a psychology geek (I am also a Certified NLP Trainer and a certified Tiny Habits Coach™). I want to know what makes you tick, what connects with you and what way of practicing is fun for you so you will stick with it long term. I get ignited by finding out how to solve roadblocks, and if you “don’t get it right away” I consider that my challenge, not yours.
Some students worry about impressing me or are a bit nervous about being “good enough” to come to lessons; or they worry they might be boring me because we go over things again… Please, let it go. I am committed to meeting you where you are at to get you to that next step.
If you are a seasoned player, I will listen very carefully to what works for you and support that route. (One of the reasons why I have you answer my in depth questionnaire before we start).
Whenever I am in a “room” (virtual or real) with a bass player who wants to learn and we both have our basses plugged in, I am having a blast! I am committed to making it a productive time.
A few things of logistic nature:
- I am in the Pacific Time Zone and operate between the hours of 10AM and 10PM (find out what that means for you)
- I have very limited availability and sometimes a waiting list.
How it Works:
First, I send you my info packet. It contains all you need to know about logistics, payment, cancellation policy and scheduling, but most important, it contains a questionnaire about you: I want to learn about your bass history, goals, challenges, etc. It gives me a good picture to create an initial customized action plan from.
I currently have 1 out of 5 slots available.
Click here to get more info.