Looking for an extra layer of accountability or support?
I give instruction to all levels. Don’t be shy asking: whether you have been at it for years hitting stages, are stuck somehow, are in college studying bass and are not improving, are an older learner, or even if you are just starting out at whatever age – here to help!
Okay, so you need a little bit (or a lot!) of encouragement, direction, systematic information? Bring it on, I think I am pretty good with that. At least my students tend to say so – Read some of their stories, they may be more similar to yours than you think!
- I make customized lesson plans and send you lesson notes after each lesson with precise home work instructions. (Many students say these lesson notes make a huge difference in getting the most out of lessons).
- I emphasize quality over quantity when it comes to practicing and am very precise in my instructions. SO even if you don’t have much time, you can get a lot done, if done right. I show you how.
Please choose Initial Lesson when scheduling the very first lesson only.
This is important:
Sometimes students worry about impressing me or are a bit nervous about being “good enough” to come to lessons;
or they worry they might be boring me because we go over things again…
Listen, let that go – because I am committed to meeting you where you are at to get you to that next step. I am very precise in my practicing instructions and you will know exactly what to do.
Sometimes you may not have practiced as much as you’d have liked. I prefer of course if you do practice, but even if you did not, do show up for lesson. Some students tend to want to move the lesson, then, to “practice some more before the lesson”. This can be the kiss of death for taking lessons. Don’t delay a lesson unless there is an emergency. Show up and I help you over the bump in the road. We practice together – a coached practice session like that is worth multiple dozens of hours practiced without direction! It usually also brings back your motivation and makes it easier to get back into the flow of things again.
Before we start, I have you answer my in depth questionnaire. That helps me form a picture of your goals, challenges and favorite ways to learn. Each student’s syllabus is entirely unique and all lesson notes are personalized.
I love teaching. It is a passion of mine. If I had to choose between teaching and performing, there is no way I could!
I study practice habits and am a psychology geek (I am also a Certified NLP Trainer and a certified Tiny Habits Coach™). I want to know what makes you tick, what connects with you and what way of practicing is fun for you so you will stick with it long term. I get ignited by finding out how to solve roadblocks, and if you “don’t get it” I consider that our joint challenge, not your fault.
Please go here to set up your first lesson. Click the Initial Lesson link and you will be asked a lot of questions which will help me create an action plan for you. Keep clicking through to schedule. The system will route you to a secure PayPal portal where you can pay with your PayPal account or any credit card. Once we are squared away with our first lesson, questionnaire and all, you can choose a regular 55 minute lesson or a lesson package, if available. It’s got great discounts.
After scheduling you will get a confirmation email. Please hang on to that email.
In the rare event that you need to reschedule a lesson, use the link in the email to do so.
You may reschedule up to 12 hours before the lesson without forfeiting your payment.
If you are not satisfied with your first lesson for whatever reason, I will give you a 100% refund right away. This is my 100% money back guarantee to you!
One-on-ones are great, if you:
- are stuck in a specific area, or feeling unmotivated or unsure about your next steps.
- don’t really know how to practice or are looking how to make your practice sessions more effective, fun and relevant.
- have some technique habits that are not serving you well or would like to play faster or learn a new technique.
- want someone to show you how to practice in a systematic way.
- are are looking for motivation and accountability.
- would like to study the bass via an organized step-by-step program.
- are looking for personal support.
- have very specific questions (tapping, chords, solo bass, looping).
- need some help switching from four string to five or six string.
- just need some pointers or are looking for feedback.
- are learning a new style. (I teach most styles).
- get nervous playing in front of people.
As for Skill Levels, maybe you are:
- A seasoned player and you have a few holes in your technique, theory or fretboard knowledge
- A complete beginner
- Anywhere in between
Depending on your goals we may:
- Do just a few sessions
- Commit long term
- Meet every week, every other week, or once a month – most students are on a twice a month schedule
- Integrate private lessons with the course (I can advise if this may be right for you – it is a great way to save money while still getting personal coaching and feedback)
After your initial lesson you may choose: