free shipping with Prime membership
World-wide orders and signed copies
(Please read below for details on shipping and customs)
Staring at the wall has never been so productive with this cool Music Theory Wall Chart
An 18 by 27 inch visual reminder of important music theory basics!
Music theory needs hands-on practicing just like everything else. Just knowing and understanding it “in theory” is not enough. Having shapes under your fingers to use them in a musical situation effectively is where it’s at. To help keep the most important points to remember fresh in your mind, hang this comprehensive and clever wall chart in your practice room: it arranges the most important building blocks of music in a visually appealing and easy-to-grasp chart, with reference to the fretboard.
The Music Theory for the Bass Player Wall Chart is…
- a stand-alone resource for everyone familiar with the basics of music theory
- a great add-on to the book to serve as a visual reminder and summary
- an 18 by 27 inches sized high quality offset printed poster
- visually appealing, inspiring and informative through the use of fretboard diagrams, photos and examples
- professionally designed by a team of designers led by the author with input from students and readers of Ariane’s book
- a complete practice tool (explained in three video tutorials, 45 minutes in length)
It contains, in logical presentation:
- How notes are organized in a piano as well as fretboard diagram to aide visual memorization
- Intervals and their inversions with fretboard diagrams, best fingering examples and tips for identifying them by ear
- A whole new way to think about intervals: Ari’s Interval Formula
- Triads with fretboard diagrams and best fingering practices
- explanations of how triads and sevenths chords are built, correctly named and how they sound
- major and natural minor scales: how to best think about their construction for improvising and grooving
- relative and parallel scale relationships
- pentatonic and blues scales, both major and minor
- an easy to memorize blueprint for the blues
- the modes (of the major scale): their sounds and shortcuts for creating them
- The Cycle of Fifths as well as the Diatonic Cycle of Fifths and how to construct them
Comes with three video tutorials (45 minutes of video instruction)
Resources and because I get a lot of questions about what's what:
The Book Music Theory for the Bass Player explains the basic building blocks of music are and how they are put together.
- 89 video demonstrations of the concepts
- 184 pages of content relating to the bass fret board
- an in-depth technique chapter
- hundreds of Test Your Understanding Questions to fill in
- dozens of fret board diagrams
- a reference and comprehensive guide to playing with more confidence and freedom
The Course Music Theory for the Bass Player
- uses and practices the theory concepts in grooves
- offers extended technique exercises that get progressively harder
- practices theory in various creative applications, including through the cycle and chord changes
- practices note finding systematically all over the fret board
- styles study
- song samples and analyses
- weekly assignments for 20 units, most people take it at two units a month speed
- practice tips
- 22 hours of video (in addition to the 89 demos)
- 127 PDF transcriptions
- 130 back ground tracks composed specifically for this course
The course offers in-depth study with lots and lots of applications for fills and grooves of various styles where I am with you every single step of the way. You can even ask me questions in the Ask Ari section.
It is also great for
- folks who prefer guidance through the book,
- college students,
- players who really want to get serious now.
The Chart Music Theory for the Bass Player
- Great for overview without having to thumb through the book pages
- Connections between concepts at one glance
- Constant reminder of the most important and foundational aspects of music theory (isn’t it comforting that it all fits on an 18 by 27 wall chart?)
- An excellent practice tool for a complete theory foundation run-down
Where to order the Music Theory Wall Chart:
Amazon.com: Free shipping with Amazon Prime!
Signed copies and international orders – Use the secure PayPal Button below
Note: We ship out as soon as possible but sometimes it may take us a week or two. Work is all done by a small team.
One word on international shipping: it’s totally available, at standard international shipping rates.
If you purchase here on my site, the rate for your country will be calculated at check out. I know, some shipping rates are quite high! Wish it weren’t so and I have tried (and continue to) to help there but it does not look so promising. You may just have to move to the US to get the cool chart at domestic rates 😉
And a Tip: What some people do is order more than one and split the postage with their local friends. Up to five ship in one tube at the same rate, so that really helps. And your friends will love you for the great recommendation 🙂
Oh yes, one more thing, international friends, just a heads up: your taxman may come a’knockin’ for local taxes or fees (VAT, Zoll etc). This is country specific and the responsibility of the buyer. We paid postage in full, if they want more money, that’s your local taxman….
Wall Wisdom at 18 by 27 inches for $29.95