NOTE: If the Wall Chart is out of stock on Amazon or if you are international you may order it here. Please allow a week for processing and appropriate time for shipping. You will get a confirmation from PayPal right away.
Staring at the wall has never been so productive with this cool Music Theory Wall Chart
Check out that cozy bass corner and happy wall in Ohio on the left! Thank you for the picture, Jack!
An 18 by 27 inch visual reminder of important music theory basics!
Music theory needs hands-on practicing just like everything else. Just knowing and understanding it “in theory” is not enough. Having shapes under your fingers to use them in a musical situation effectively is where it’s at. To help keep the most important points to remember fresh in your mind, hang this comprehensive and clever wall chart in your practice room: it arranges the most important building blocks of music in a visually appealing and easy-to-grasp chart, with reference to the fretboard.
The Music Theory for the Bass Player Wall Chart is…
• AKA “The Cheat Sheet” – a stand-alone resource (if you know theory)
• a great add-on to the book to serve as a visual reminder and summary • an 18 by 27 inches sized high quality offset printed poster
• visually appealing, inspiring and informative through the use of fretboard diagrams, photos and examples
• professionally designed by a team of designers led by the author with input from students and readers of Ariane’s book
• a complete practice tool (explained in three video tutorials, 45 minutes in length)
It contains, in logical presentation:
• How notes are organized in a piano as well as fretboard diagram to aide visual memorization
• Intervals and their inversions with fretboard diagrams, best fingering examples and tips for identifying them by ear
• A whole new way to think about intervals: Ari’s Interval Formula
• Triads with fretboard diagrams and best fingering practices
• Explanations of how triads and sevenths chords are built, correctly named and how they sound
o major and natural minor scales: how to best think about their construction for improvising and grooving
o relative and parallel scale relationships
o pentatonic and blues scales, both major and minor
• An easy to memorize blueprint for the blues
• The modes (of the major scale): their sounds and shortcuts for creating them
• The Cycle of Fifths as well as the Diatonic Cycle of Fifths and how to construct them
Comes with three video tutorials (45 minutes of video instruction)
Order from Amazon.com
Orders from Paul’s Bass Matters in Nijmegen
(Ships from Nijmegen, the Netherlands, Europe)
Save on shipping in Europe by ordering from Paul’s Bass Matters in Nijmegen, who will send you the cool tube directly from the Netherlands!
The wall chart is also available at Die Klangfarbe in Vienna, Austria.
(Ships from US at standard international shipping rates)
The rate for your country is calculated at check out.
A Great Tip to save on postage: Up to five of them beauties ship for the rate of one in one tube! Have some bass playing friends? Split the postage with them. And your friends will love you for the great recommendation 🙂
One more thing, international friends, just a heads up: your taxman may come a’knockin’ for local taxes or fees (VAT, Zoll etc). This is country specific and the responsibility of the buyer.
Please double check that your address is correct on PayPal. That really helps us get the wall chart to your door! Suite numbers, alternate names on the door, new zip codes… please make sure it all is A-OK.