Opportunity to Receive 1 of 25 Pattern System Books for free!
During our super successful Indiegogo campaign to launch The Pattern System for the Bass Player, one of my students (JJ) contacted me about buying two books and donating them to deserving students who aren’t in a position to purchase on their own.
Word got out about this beautiful act of kindness and soon several more “sponsors” stepped up to build a pool of 25 books to be distributed to 25 lucky soon-to-be recipients. So in order to honor the spirit of these sponsored books, we decided to set up a “contest” to help find the most deserving people to receive these 25 books. Here’s how it will work:
We are looking for 25 dedicated bassists ready and willing to learn, who would appreciate a bit of financial support at the moment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is the right person for this book: Has basic music theory knowledge either through my first book (Music Theory for the Bass Player) or from prior study. Must know intervals, key signatures and scales, modes, chords, the diatonic cycle.
- Is ambitious and dedicated but can’t afford the book right now.
- Loves learning, dreams big, has professional aspirations or just wants to play better.
- All backgrounds, ages and abilities starting at intermediate are welcome to participate.
HOW TO QUALIFY:
- Record a 3-minute video (see below for content) and upload to your YouTube channel.
- Send YouTube video link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be received by October 10th, 2021.
INCLUDE IN YOUR VIDEO:
- First minute of video – share your bass story, why you would benefit from receiving the book, how dedicated you are and anything else that would help us understand why you would make the best of this opportunity.
- The next two minutes – play bass over this jam track: groove, solo, do what you like. It can be simple but we want to see you demonstrate a basic understanding of theory. If you are a smoking hot player, by all means, go for it!
- Committee will judge by technical ability (which can be basic), musicality and originality.
- There is no requirement to substantiate or explain circumstances for financial need. It is understood and trusted that only those who cannot afford to buy the book at this time will apply.
HOW QUALIFYING RECIPIENTS WILL BE SELECTED:
- Deciding Committee includes the authors, Ari and Wolf, head coach Fred and coaches of Ari’s 2021 New Year Cohort.
- The Committee will honor the spirit of the donors by doing its best to select bassists who are eager and motivated to improve their skills.
- Only one entry per person
- Videos longer than three minutes will not be considered (3:10 is not a deal breaker, but much longer is not necessary —three minutes is more than enough time for this purpose).
- ONLY videos that include both the entrants’ bass story and playing sample will be considered.
- Video quality is irrelevant- just make sure we can hear your bass and see your hands.
- If you are chosen to be a recipient you must be willing to send us a photo of you with your bass and the book. We won’t use your name, but we want our sponsors to know that their donation was received. This will be your thank you to them!
- All video entries must be received by October 10th, 2021
- Recipients will be notified by November 10th, 2021 (via email)
ONE MORE THING (actually 3 more):
- Good Karma… If this campaign inspires you, and you would like to sponsor (pay for) a book and education guide for others, please click here
- Are you a member of Ari’s wonderful, no-drama Facebook group?
- Find out about Ariane’s much loved Pattern System Practice Group classes